Neenah Paper manufactures and distributes a wide range of premium and specialty paper grades, with well-known brands such as CLASSIC®, ENVIRONMENT®, KIMDURA® and MUNISING LP®. The company also produces and sells bleached pulp, primarily for use in the manufacture of tissue and writing papers. Neenah Paper is based in Alpharetta, Georgia and has manufacturing operations in Wisconsin, Michigan and in the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Nova Scotia. Additional information about Neenah Paper can be found at the Neenah Paper's web site at www.neenah.com.
Scope of Work:
We are seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable Planner to provide a source of senior planning and analysis support to the operating departments and to the facility. As an active contributor within the Distribution & Planning team, the incumbent is expected to provide support in the areas of inventory management and production scheduling. The incumbent provides scheduling direction to operations coordinators and raw material planners. In addition, this position is responsible for initiating and supporting plant teams in the identification, analysis and implementation of improvement opportunities in the areas of operation efficiency, labor efficiency and inventory management. The incumbent will also participate in the preparation and analysis of logistic forecasting. The position is located in the Upper Peninsula of Munising, MI at our manufacturing facility.
- Maintain full stock availability of finished goods produced by the operating departments in order to accommodate timely delivery of customer volume requirements. Analyze and create machine operating schedules that support maximizing machine and labor efficiency, and efficiently utilize material and storage space resources while meeting customer service requirements.
- Analyze machine operating trends and work within the operations team to identify waste, delay, and grade change opportunities for further analysis. Coordinate or provide leadership within the operations team to support achieving team or facility objectives.
- Lead the process of inventory reduction through statistically setting production safety stock levels which both support customer service levels and production and sales deviations while minimizing the corporate inventory investment. Ensure the accuracy of inventory and financial records to provide proper control.
- Participate in development and implementation of cost reduction activities and projects. Provide timely and accurate operations analysis in the areas of operating effectiveness, material yield and pricing, labor efficiency and overhead costs.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining ISO 9002 requirements to ensure that products are made according to specifications and within a high standard of workmanship and controlled schedules.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Ensure continued safe work practices of self and others while eliminating loss of all types and complying with company and governmental regulations.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and other team members.
- An undergraduate degree with equivalent coursework indicating qualitative and analytical ability. Two to five years of logistical experience is desirable, preferably in manufacturing.
- A desire to perform multi-functional work and work on a broad range of assignments which support operating and facility objectives is required.
- Strong skills in analysis, thoroughness, initiative, decision-making, planning, organizing and flexibility.
We are seeking candidates who share our cultural emphasis on excellence, teamwork and innovation.
To apply directly through the Neenah Paper portal, click on the following link, HumanResources@neenahpaper.com. To ensure consideration for the position, please use the reference code PLANNER on your cover sheet and identify your recruitment source.
Neenah Paper, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources Department
3460 Preston Ridge Road
Alpharetta, GA 30005
By submitting your resume you authorize the Neenah Paper, Inc. an international group to process, transmit and use your personal data that will be stored in the database located in the United States for purposes of the application process, for sending other employment opportunities as they become available for administration purposes only. Such data will be maintained in accordance with the applicable local legal requirements.
Neenah Paper, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals Only Please.